Tax rates can change from time to time.
For our customers in New Brunswick & Newfoundland, the HST rate is increasing from 13% to 15% on July 1, 2016.
For customers in PEI, the HST rate is increasing from 14% to 15% on October 1, 2016.
Please follow the step-by-step guide below to make changes to the HST tax rate in your ACE Retail software.
1. To change the HST tax rate, go to Setup > Tax & Currency > Tax
2. Under Sales Tax, change the rate to reflect the new tax rate.
3. Under Purchase Tax, change the rate to reflect the new tax rate.
4. Click Save to save your changes.
5. In order to ensure that the tax rate has been properly changed, go to Defaults > Department & Others > Department.
6. Ensure that the values displayed for all departments reflect the new tax rate.
If you are still having issues after following the instructions above, please email email@example.com for extended support assistance. Please note that extended support services are prioritized for active support plan members.