Nowadays, a point of sale system is the core of all business and accounting data. There are few things as scary as losing the data in your point of sale system. Besides period manual back-ups, don't forget to set up your ACE Retail 3000 software to automatically back-up using the Windows Task Scheduler.
1. Click on the Windows Start Menu, search for "Task Scheduler" and open it.
Click to Read More
2. Click on Create Basic Task.
3. Enter an identifiable name for the task such as shown below then click Next.
4. Ensure Daily is selected and click Next.
5. Select a date and time for your backup to be performed and the click Next.
6. Ensure "Start a Program" is selected and click Next.
7. Click Browse and locate Backup.EXE from your ACE install folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\ACE Retail 3000\).
8. Confirm that the information is correct and then click Finish to complete creating your scheduled backup.
9. After creating your task, find it in the Task Scheduler Library and right-click on it and select Properties.
10. Ensure Run whether user is logged in or not is selected, as well as Configure for: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2.
11. Your task will now run successfully at the specified date and time to back up your ACE database.
ACE Retail POS - Painless Point of Sale